Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Namaste

             Enlightenment Series                                                                             c-2006                                

“I am SO screwed,” I thought as I went into the second set of the “let’s all try to look like canoes” pose.  Lying on our bellies, faces forward, arching backs with arms behind grabbing ankles and “ARCH…….Further……….FURTHER ………..Look up to the ceiling………Arch Further, FURTHER”…..”Right” I (actually) said to myself this time as I held on tight to my shins and mimicked a pirogue. The good news was at least I could grab my shins which was impossible three days ago, the bad news was that we still had 40 minutes to go. Did I mention it’s Hot ? ……….Really Hot.

Edy and I eased into the day today with our morning “talks” and good Kona coffee, FINALLY. We’d run out over the holidays and had to await a FedEx mule to bring us “a couple of keys” to quell the Jones’ing that was overtaking. I was supposed to have a bunch of appointments that never happened so we settled for a joint bike ride to get out in the air for awhile. It was a nice cool morning and although traffic was heavy we made our runs without incident. Mission accomplished.

We had some afternoon things we had to do separately and reconvened just in time to head out for day #3 of Bikranm Yoga. I’m really enjoying it and if I remove my judgments on myself for not already knowing how to do everything already (perfectly) I find the classes go smoother. I am encouraged by the progress that has happened each day even though it’s minimal. Hey, “progress not perfection”, (quote me).

As I was trying to turn my arms into pretzels while having my legs also turned into twisted licorice I chuckled to myself (quietly, I promise) as I remembered my 1st trip to Barney’s in NYC. I was in the middle of a job for a Big-time TV producer (and believe me she would remind Anyone of it at Anytime- “BIG-Time”) anyway, I had saved up a boatload of cash to get all decked out because I was tired of the Boston Business Look I had to wear to not be considered a Communist up there. I walked in the store and started scoping out everything – Floor by Floor. I knew something was “off” but I could not put my finger on it as I browswed. Then it started to dawn on me that everyone in the store was small. Not necessarily short or “schmall” but, ….humm, how can I put this….”of light frame ??“ I turned right, yep. I turned left, yep. “Humm, this could be a problem” ,  I thought as I headed up to the Men’s Department for the second time.

“Can I help you sir ?” the young man with the hot pink glasses and gelled DA asked as he gave me the once over. “Yes” I said, “Do you have anything is a 54 long ?”  “PULEEEEEEZZZZZZEEE !!!” he said and rolled his eyes to the ceiling. “Seriously??” I asked, “Oh honey, MOST Definitely” he said as he just turned on his toes and walked away to assist other non-Neanderthals.

So, I’m all twisted up (in my own special way) and looking in a mirror at myself and all the other folks (from Barney's) who are doing their best with each of the poses and sweating our collective butts off and I begin to really get into it. Alignment starts making more sense and I can feel it actually “click into place” as I adjust my spine. “A little bit more” is just that – I give it “a little bit more” and ka-zam it’s more than yesterday and I feel encouraged. I like the “vibe” in the room, everyone giving all they can whatever that might be. I like that.

Class ends, we cool off and change and come home to a wonderful meal and a quiet time of just being together. Me and Edy, Life is good and we are blessed.

Perhaps my appointments will come through tomorrow …………..Ask me if I care?????”  “PULEEEEEEZZZZZZEEE !!!”

No comments:

Post a Comment