Monday, January 16, 2012

Foreseeable Future


Foreseeable Future
Good job January, you’ve met your expectations fully and we’re just half way through!!
Edy and I decided after the New Year to embrace January and it’s thwarting ways as fully as possible the entire month because, well…it just seems to be the way it is.  Resistance (so far) is futile

Today was no exception.
We found today to be a hard day before 10am  – no show appointment and further disappointments on expectations set the day before in addition to some other things. Edy sent me a little cartoon last week about “too many (blank-ing) disappointments are due to too many (blank-ing) expectations”…….”right, very funny, errr”.

We had the perfect solution to our malaise. Let’s go to the Museums !!! But they were closed for MLK Day, ugh. We searched for a plan “B” and Edy said “Let’s go for a walk on the bayou” and packed up the car for the short trip. Directions were a nightmare because I did not know the way and the parking non-existent. We finally parked at a High School on the other side of the highway and walked over to the famed “Bayou Walk”. “This will be great we exclaimed!!!” – “Nature ALWAYS makes us feel better and more grounded” we agreed as we dodged the traffic and crossed the street. We were "pumped".

Past the guano piles under the bridge to the shortest length of sidewalk every poured, onto a dirt trail with Edy’s brand new Nikes, past the human waste station corner with dainty flowers and then under the bat infested bridge underway path where we both contracted rabies from the piles of droppings and the wafting of ammonia that had us gasping even as we got to the other side because the wind was at our backs. “Hum?? , perhaps we should get closer to the water” I coughed over the buzzing of the 12 lanes of traffic on each side of us…”What???” Edy voiced ….”I pointed down toward the water”….”Oh,OK” she nodded.

We walked down the embankment a bit and were immediately repelled by the similarities of this nature space with the landfills of Rio De Janero…Trash heaps were 10 feet high, storm sewers exposed and the muddy water looked radioactive……”Humm, if the rabies doesn’t kill us the cholera will” I thought as we made a quick U-turn to just return back to the car and head off to Yoga.  “People fish in there you know” I said to now one in particular. Perhaps I was just giving God a heads-up.

The class was full and the new teacher did a good job. The girl in front of me set her mat up right in front of me which was a no-no but I just held the resentment for the first few few poses to “show her”. I’m getting better with each days session.The poses are improving , the resentments need more work. Perhaps tomorrow will continue be better but I’m not sure. The only thing I am certain of is that I’ll be keeping my expectations to the bare minimum for the foreseeable future.

No comments:

Post a Comment