Friday, January 13, 2012

Moments Savored


Moments Savored
Edy and I had a bunch of things to do this morning but made a date to go to the zoo just for kicks. It’s only a few miles away yet feels so much farther once we get inside the gates.

Flowers still bloom here even in the middle of winter and the animals seem very content with the exception of a wolf that was playing out his OCD while his mate slept.” Humm??? Perhaps I too have a bit of wolf in me too?”, I thought as I walked hand in hand with Edy past the enclosures.

The 1st days of 2012 have been a trip and a half and we needed a break. Walks are fun, biking is cool and of course yoga is our current fixation of choice. Oh, I re-upped again today for 10 more sessions as I shoot for the 30 then 60 then 90 then………???? Bikram Challenge. One of our fellow participants noted today that “hey, you guys are here all the time!!” “Yep”, I said, “We’ve got it bad.”

Anyway, the Zoo was fun and beautiful. Staff filled us in on mating habits of Giraffes which I was not aware of and one of the baby elephants has a bit of tusk showing which made us so proud. Medivac Helicpters were constantly reminding us of the proximity of the Med-Centers and more importantly that despite whatever we feel should be different in our lives at any particular moment, we have the ability to choose and move toward anything at anytime.

As we continued to walk to the next exhibit I gently tightened my grip Edy’s hand and brought it up for a soft little kiss. A moment savored.




No comments:

Post a Comment