Saturday, January 7, 2012

Ganesha


There is a mural of Ganesha on the side of the yoga studio we attend. His big elephant head and belly are painted in pinks and oranges with a floral border. His gaze is over the parking lot, yet seems to follow each member in and out….or vice-versa.  God of Obstacles.

Edy had conference calls this morning so I headed out for Route #2 on the bike. New computer was charged and I was pleased with the 10mph average I made as I worked my way toward Rice University.  Air was not too warm and there were many others also out on their bikes. Joni Mitchell’s BLUE Album was stuck in my head, ugh. I rode to the little village they have there and walked my bike a bit to gaze at some books and window shop for things Edy. Several folks stopped to talk to me about what I was reading or to comment on “pretty things” , hummm…..not a common occurrence.  I passed by a coffee shop I like and a young hip-hopster of about 3 came all the way to the sidewalk to say “Hi”, wave and point at his sister (6) who was doing a pretty cool dance move next to him. I waved at them both and clapped for the sister. Their parents were very proud!  I rode home without incident and still had the album in my head. Blue.

Over lunch today Edy and I discussed other periods of time where it appeared obstacles were stopping us or thwarting us from reaching goals or dreams we felt were really important. We were quickly reminded of the actual “blessing” of such thwarts in NOT allowing us to own thousands of acres of land with millions$  in infrastructure, other Real Estate (particularly now)  or be involved with a corrupt administration or having “partners” that were smoke and mirrors. Humm…?? Obstacles/Blessings……….(I think we’re on to something here)

I went on to describe how the current feelings remind me of past ones. Much like a tidal wave sucking out all the water from the bay until it’s totally empty …………….only to rush it all back in PLUS.    It’s the period of time when the boats are heeled over and the fish are flapping that always gets me gasping too…………..til I’m……………. Blue.

Edy asked some more clarifying questions and suggested some good exercises to help me with processing. When I nodded my head during her explanation that I was “doing them” she smiled and shared that she was keegling while we had our chat too so as to confirm our superior dual abilities of multi-tasking. We LOAO !   She also asked what musical note I would use to describe today’s feelings, which I thought was brilliant – “OOoommmmm..” I hummed, as I imagined my left hand way down the keys on the piano. “Humm, she said. “Imagine how pleasing that will sound once the frenetic energy starts up again (right hand on the keyboard) and you start becoming busy again. Both hands working together to create soothing harmonies.“  Interesting indeed.

So, as I shake my fist at the sky for not fulfilling my written mandates; I feel another part of me relaxing more and more each day. Could it be that the Red I’ve been thrusting upon this New Year in frustration of "thwarts"  is actually just the dawning and that with just a bit more patience  will soon transform into blessings of BLUE? 
Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment