Sunday, January 15, 2012

Door #3


                    Vision Quest Series                                                   Door #3 - Acama Pueblo                          c-2006

Door #3
Sunday Morning. I awoke to an empty bed and the heat on so I knew Edy was out in the Living room watching HGTV. She loves HGTV. I don’t, but I do love her so I will watch it with her anytime/anyplace. On many fronts we are Ying/Yang which makes for a pretty harmonious life. Movies are flexible. She loves Romantic Comedies; the Happier the Ending the Happier she is.  I like Spy/Action Thrillers and a lot of Foreign Subtitled stuff, the more complex the better. Although I never would have admitted it before I too like the Happy Endings of the Romantic Comedies more and more, so we compromise. TV, not so much compromise; I like Nat-Geo, History, PBS and Discovery and equate HGTV to the “Accountants Channel” whereby lists of miscalculated figures are hashed and re-hashed and still don’t add up in the end, it’s maddening, but as I said, she’s my love so we sat and watched the Make-over twins do their TV magic for another lucky home owner. Everytime I watch the Channel I hear Jimmy Buffett in the background singing “My Whole World Lies Waiting behind Door #3”.  then it's a day of Jimmy sneaking in songs whenever he feels like it............actually, not a bad thing.
I made Gluten Free Pancakes and we ate them while listening to soft Mo-Town Tunes. Barry and Marvin were crooning to my baby and I was remembering yesterday when Edy and I just felt like dancing to them in the Kitchen…….Sway, Swish, Spin……..Dip. We’re GOOD !!...............and need a lot more of THAT !We chatted as we always do about “stuff” – feelings, awareness’s and more “stuff”….as we also stuffed ourselves.   We then went for a nice (almost) 10 mile bike-ride. We explored a few new neighborhoods and swung by Lu-Lu Lemon to look at Yoga Clothes for us both. I cannot even believe it happened. Parts of Hell are certainly icing over as I write. A quick stop at the grocery store for tonight’s dinner then home for pre-prep before we head out to Yoga.

Last night’s Yoga Class encompassed milestones of many different flavors. The first was putting it ahead of a business deal I had going and the other was being able to stretch all the way down and grab my toes during a certain series of floor poses. In that I rarely is ever put myself in front of business and the fact that two weeks ago I could only touch my shins both victories were Big Stretches in and of themselves. High Five to ME !!
Dinner pre-prep was a team effort. Edy took the veggies while I did the chicken. White meat for Her – Dark for Me (yin-yang) I like skinning and butchering, Edy not so much. As a matter of fact my 1st act of chivalry was to de-bone her fish for her our 1st dinner together in Nice. We continue to find other complimentary attributes as the years go on. Some are mellow and ah-ha moments, others annoying as anything until acceptance is achieved. It’s a fun game. So, I skinned the chicken, cubed the breasts and cleaned up so she could finish without me taking up all the space in the kitchen, which I do in any room I inhabit.
I came in here to the office to wrap up a few things before we needed to get ready to head out to Yoga via Door #3  

No comments:

Post a Comment