Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dividends within Dividends


Dividends within Dividends

Edy and I arrived home late last night from our visit to Taos and immediately set into our “let’s get dinner game” rattling off all the places we’d previously scoped out for late night dining and settling on deli for our 1st pick. Four more picks later we resigned ourselves to just get home and have an omelet, as our subsequent picks were closed and the game was getting un-fun fast.

We both have some kind of lung thing going on and have been hacking like coal miners for a few days now. Sleep has been fitful. I slept in a bit because I blew out a lung during the night and needed the extra time for it to find its way back into my body. We had good conversation early and then set out to grab some lunch at our old favorite Mediterranean food place and do some other errands. Ah, it’s good to be home.

Today is Leap Day 2012, that 24 hour dividend added on to the calendar every four years to “even things out”. I keep a photographic journal of the past dozen or so years so it was easy for me to pull up some shots from the last Leap Year and the one before that. On 02-29-08 Edy and I went for what we would call our “Prayer Walk”. We had done it together 4 years and 11 days prior but I did not put that together until today as I went through the archives.

The “Prayer Walk” is a trail that leads through Pueblo Land, past an old Mission and Cemetery, through grazing areas and down a long muddy road that ends at a huge wooden cross. It is set in the middle of nowhere on purpose with only the sacred mountains surrounding it and lots and lots of sky. As you walk you are encouraged to pick up rocks that “feel” right for you. When you arrive you take in the natural beauty and give thanks to your traveling companion(s) and then one by one offer the stones you collected to the cross as prayers……….one prayer after another.

In 2004 my “friend” Edith came to visit me in Taos and as a good host I thought it would be fun to show her a place that I found “special” and held in reverence. Four years and a few days later, Edy My Love (EML) and I would decide that a “Prayer Walk” would be a fun activity for Leap Day 2008.

I was 1st introduced to the Prayer Walk in 2000 although it was the summer not February. It was a time of great heartache and I prayed for knowledge of God’s will, love and the well being of my family. In 2004 I prayed for the same thing while gazing at my “friend” from the corner of my eye. In 2008 I prayed the same prayer but included MY LOVE Edy’s children and their children as recipients of protection and well-being. We went home later that day and were able to give big love to grown kids and grandchildren together.

Today I say the same prayer realizing that I have been the recipient of numerous dividends within the dividends of this extra day we call Leap Day.  I also gave thanks in gratitude for Prayers continuously answered.
May you too reap deep dividends.
Blessings, DKS

No comments:

Post a Comment