Sunday, February 12, 2012

No $#@%^ Way !!

Frozen Whisper Series                                                       2 Left Feet                                                  c-2011


No $#@%^ Way !!
34 degrees is mild in some parts of the country. Here it’s a hard winter and time for folks to break out the animal furs. I chose this morning to ride my bike to yoga for the 1st of 2 classes today as I attempt to accumulate credits toward my final days of the 60 day challenge, knowing I’ll be a away for several of them.
My fingers were pretty numb when I arrived and I sure wish I had remembered the nice gloves H/F gave me for Xmas. I checked in and sat outside to hydrate a bit before class and the coolness of the air actually felt good.  The window banging cardinal showed up in time to show me she still “had it” and demonstrated her futile flying into the window several times to make the point.
Class was packed with folks doing their Sunday AM rituals. I was the new guy and only knew a few of the participants. Class was hot and I put 110% into all the poses to make sure I was getting “maximum benefit” as promised in the teachings.  I noticed a woman in the 3rd row who was obviously in some form of “treatment” because of the turban she wore and her very slight frame. By God she did every posture also seeking maximum benefit. I said a prayer for her and dug just a bit deeper into my own poses.
I changed and sat out on a bench afterward re-hydrating a bit before riding back and gazed over at my bike. Yoga mat rolled up, towels in the saddle bags and extra sport drink in the holder. If anyone would have every suggested that “this” would be “me” at some point in the future, I would have certainly said “No $#@%^ Way.  I had such a firm belief in “who I was” that there was no way THAT could be part of me !!   Hum, I guess I just did not want to see it ?
Things change, people change………………………………….Way.


No comments:

Post a Comment