Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Parallax Error

Parallax Error
This week The Saffron Group determined that all of our websites and blogs need to be unified within the Saffron Group International umbrella for clarity and cohesiveness AND that a new blog needs to be posted daily. Pretty simple from a technical standpoint, but as it turns out it has been a lot harder to actually DO. Parallel paths take on new meaning, depending on the “view point”.
When I was young I dreamed of being a Sculptor / Photographer.
I left home in my mid-teens and always sought extra work doing just about anything. I had a pretty steady job with Joseph and Olga Hirschorn polishing their outdoor sculptures and anything else they needed done on weekends (I had no idea who there were). They introduced me to some very prominent Artist who encouraged me and opened up a path I did not know existed at the time.

For almost four decades I have been designing and building projects and the elements that go into them to make “dreams come true” for my clients. I loved working with Wood, Stone, Glass and Metals. Light and Shadow intrigued me. The ability to actually influence the Emotional and Sensory experiences of the occupants was powerful and adding in the Landscape was even a further “high”. Then there was the Design “process” and the thrill of seeing it all “built”. I had a blast!   I only now realize that I created the life of a Sculptor within the framework of financial stability not afforded many “artists”. Another part of the “creation” was that after all that work and creative energy had been expended on the “projects”, I still had one more encore of an energetic rush when I got a chance to photograph themSculptor and Photographer. Brilliant!!

We are now in the process of launching new firm. Although the details feel a bit fuzzy the framework is in place for a level of manifestation that is greater than we’ve ever experienced. We just need to adjust the viewpoint accordingly to continue to make “Dreams Come True” for ourselves.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new website and commitment to post daily! Hard to do, but keep at it. I am just trying to get to weekly...good stuff. As you know, I am a fan of consolidation of the life stream!

    ReplyDelete