Saturday, November 26, 2011

Give Thanks

Give Thanks
I have taken a little break from the “daily blog” to visit Edy and “The L’s” in Taos for the Thanksgiving Holiday.  It’s always good to see the gang and see how fast young boys grow.

Required feasting was a group effort. Everyone did their part to ensure we all had way too much to eat and will continue to do so for the next few days.
Returning to Taos is always more than a trip for us; in fact it’s always a trip and a half.
So as not to begin a novel here about our life in Taos, we can simply borrow from Mr. Dickens, “It was the best of times; it was the worst of times”…..

There are snap-shots in life when one experiences the unbearable agony of not having certain dreams come to fruition. All of the associated energy, effort and expectations crash to create a black hole of questioning of “Why? “and “What’s it all about”?  It feels that this has all been for naught and a matter of life or death.

Fast forward a relatively short period of time and one can see that the “dreams” were nothing but an ego folly and the touch of agony that was experienced was actually just a gentle blip of pain compared to what would continue to be experienced into this day if the ego had won. Of course the “seeing” is a choice. There are many other choices that could be made to keep one safe in the warm and cozy familiar black hole.

I went out this morning and took some pictures while Edy got the 1st ski of the season in with #1 Daughter. Both are activities we enjoy and deeply ground us.  While walking through the snow in my way too light for the season wardrobe I was reminded that “do-overs” abound at every turn in the road if you dare to keep walking. In my core I am a dreamer, I dream BIG; couldn’t stop if I wanted to.  I am also a manifestor of the 1st order. If the dreams I dream need to manifest, they will.  Insha'Allah

No comments:

Post a Comment