Tuesday, November 8, 2011

EZ Bake

EZ Bake
I’m deep in the middle of developing a major investment model for one of our current projects. It’s about as intense a project as I’ve ever undertaken and has taken years of research and energy to get this far. The client is unyielding, demanding and a PITA perfectionist.   Me.
When I am in “work mode” I tend to focus on a particular “problem” for days on end without coming up for air. This is good for the “problem” but not so good for “life”. So, I have been re-training myself to take breaks every few hours and NOT work through the night anymore. I’m finding it’s better to let the problems bake a bit longer than die (while still breathing). 
My new favorite “break” is to get out and ride my bike.   Everything we need is within biking distance. Today I was able to hit the hardware store, lumber yard and book store before the predicted rains came. When it started pouring, I took the long way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment