Friday, November 11, 2011

JOSS

JOSS
It was a very cool morning here and I decided to head out early for an extra long bike ride. Although I had on a light jacket, the ride was refreshing and I did not break much of a sweat. I stopped at a little European CafĂ© we like and had a small breakfast and read the free local “mullet wrapper”. I then took a swing by a couple of shops and just gazed from afar at what they were showcasing.  Xmas decorations are already out……….ugh.
I rode home faster than usual, even after taking a few side road detours to see where they lead. I was energized. Once, home I decided I was in need of “inspiration” today and decided to head out to the MFA to see the new Dutch Masters exhibit that was advertised in the paper I had just read.  I was going to play hooky all day and was excited to get it rolling.

I quickly showered and got dressed and went out to the car and put the key in the ignition…………….click. Tried it again, zip.  CRAP !!!  Fortunately, I’m a good boy scout and had jumpers and tools in the storage unit. I decided to test the cells 1st before trying to flag down a jump. ZIP!!! The darned thing was dead !!
JOSS

JOSS  is a Chinese catch-all phrase that means both Good and Bad Luck, Fortune and Mis-Fortune, Life Purpose or lack there-of , It can also relate to a deity or god …..etc…..  Some days I love the word and all it represents, other days I wish I’d never heard it before.

Bring on the trusty bike.
I load the old battery on the back carry tray of the bike and peddled as fast as I could over to Costco for a new battery. Friday noon, the line in the auto department out the door.
CRAP x2 !!!  (JOSS)
I wait my turn, pay, exchange the old for core credit, load the new and repeat the path. Reconnected and on the road in less than  !!! 2 HOURS !!!  (JOSS)

Museum Parking Lot is FULL (JOSS) when I arrive and I headed over to the Garage to see if there was space. Hooray. Tons of it  !!! (JOSS)  I also notice that the Tutankhamun Exhibit is now showing. (JOSS)  I decide to go there first and then head over to the Rembrants and Vermeers afterward. It was going to be a “two-fer” day (JOSS x2)  

The Egyptian exhibit was crowded  but underwhelming in terms of Boy King Artifacts. There were a few small ones and they were nice but I was looking forward to an exhibition like the 70’s in NYC. Oh well, at least I saw it. I then headed off to the other building to see the paintings that I really wanted to see anyway. As I walked past the other exhibits on my way I recalled other museums where I had gazed on “The Masters”. The quality of light they captured, the use of color and delicacy of the brush strokes …..I was ready for a “review”.

I marched down the corridor and turned left just as the signs told me to, I walked up to the large opening banner and saw that there was no line at all !!!  I felt a big Yippee inside myself. All the previous hassle of the day was actually a good thing because I have missed the crowds and will have the entire exhibit to myself. The Gods have combined to shine brightly on me. I must be quite special to them on this 11-11-11, Full Moon, Most Auspicious day.  I can’t wait !!

I proudly displayed my “patron” sticker to the Security Guard lest she think I was just a member.
She smiled ever so sweetly and said, “Sir, it opens on Sunday” (JOSS)

No comments:

Post a Comment