Saturday, December 3, 2011

Re-Entry

       Frozen Whisper Series                                "At the Buffet"                                           Copyright  2011

Re-Entry
I’ve not written since we returned from Taos.
Re-entry was a bit more challenging than usual.  After years of coming and going, I never gave much thought to the happenings on either end except to keep them doggies rollin. I’ve never, EVER stopped to plan a re-entry, just picked up where I left off before I went away and then played out the same thing on to the next place to pick where I left off there and on and on….It’s been a continuous cycle of get er’ done, until this trip.

I have lived with an internal time-clock (read bomb) that has compelled me to “do more”, “faster”, “better” with the more recent realization of actually “mentally” moving on to the next and the next while I’m still deep within the “REAL plan” that is currently in progress, (to borrow from the Firesign Theater boys).

Old salty sailors used to have to “box” their compass, as they would tend to drift and lead to false readings and well, bad things. It took time and a lot of patience to make the instrument accurate. These past few days have been a “boxing” of my own compass in preparation of more true readings beginning today and for the future.

I’ve been having a difficult time focusing deeply on much of anything. One VERY important tasks leads to another and in a few hours I use my new compass and see that none of them are VERY anything, much less “important”.  The sense of urgency that has been my traveling companion for all these years is a bit more willing now to stay in his seat and with that a new sense of calm has replaced him.

My beautiful wife speaks often of “presence” and I thought I had a fair understanding of what she meant. I gleaned a bit more about it today.
Bless her.

No comments:

Post a Comment