Friday, December 30, 2011

Home Sweet Home

                               Home Sweet Home Series                                                                    Little Angels #4     c-2009

Home Sweet Home
Edy and I arrived back home from Taos yesterday after a wonderful Xmas visit. The flight out was an early one so we left before 2am to get to the airport on time. The stars were beautiful as we made our way south in the cold morning. Edy got a good view of a lovely falling star on her side of the car.  I missed it.

The flight was full of other bleary eyed travelers and we all suffered “auditory molestation” from the woman sitting in front of me all the way back…….. SERIOUSLY !!    2 straight hours of “knowing everyone” and “everything” on the planet !!!  I will thank her though when my new patented device is worth ga-zillions $$$ - Noise Canceling Headphones WITH a Taser Function. I’m sure you’ll see them online soon.

It was bitter/sweet to return home. It was good to be back but sad to be sans-kids (all ages) . It’s a conundrum we are slowly learning to deal with. Although we are forging a new life here, we struggle with the geographic distance and the ability to “drop in” or have them “drop over”. Basically, we want it all !!
As I write I hear nothing but the click,click of my fingers poking on the keyboard.
Hold, it there goes a car...... and I hear the whirr of the fan above my head. Contrast this with several days of extreme activity, multiple ongoing conversations along with a constant “show and tell”. All part of an ambient noise cloud that was the “norm”. Things have changed.

I guess we’re in a re-entry mode right now. Still some unpacking to do and I feel a “to do list” brewing.   No wonder I feel so lethargic.


No comments:

Post a Comment