Wednesday, December 7, 2011

ALLOWING

ALLOWING
Bit of a cold spell outside here this week, I like it. This part of the country has it’s own “special cold” and fortunately it comes and goes so fast before you know it it’s 115 all over again. I’ve been enjoying the crisp energizing bike rides.

I had a few conversations with folks about our projects today and it seems that things are inching forward on their own schedule.  Patience IS a virtue.

I was reminded this morning of my corn farmer days in Taos.
I grew Hopi Corn at 8400+ FT Elev and folks were always surprised when my crop would come in. What they did not know was that I would pamper each seed as it germinated and coddle each and every seedling like a baby chick. When they were planted in the ground another series of compulsive obsessive OCD routines would be employed to ensure good growth and of course collecting the pollen and re-distributing it “appropriately” was all part of the process too.  When harvest time came the "bell of the ball" had her portrait taken. 
I wonder now if I did more harm than good?

No comments:

Post a Comment