Monday, March 26, 2012

Location-Location-Location


Location-Location-Location

I spent the morning wrapping up some plans and filling in blanks on a current project as we head toward “wind down” on the con-doc phase of the project. The USA Department of Energy Code Compliance Website was down all day so I found myself at the mercy of “The Man” until they find a way to get more energy to that site so I can finish my work.

Today was a beautiful day on so many levels.   Edy and I are both coming off of a “kid-fill” of a weekend in Austin and savoring the goodness of being together.  We rented a car to make the trip for a number of reasons, #1 being the place is across the street and offers such good rates. Three days use for the price of a tank of gas in my old company car. Grateful.

This morning we had a new house-keeper perform her magic while we went out for a bit and were happy with her work when we returned. This is a big deal as you know from previous posts so hopefully her 1st impression will carry forward into many moons of happy cleaning. I just took in another deep breath of “clean” and love it ! Grateful.

Yoga was hot and I could feel every restaurant meal we had during our visit leave me drip by drip as I went from pose to pose. At the end of the class I sat outside rejuvenated and loving the warm breeze. We scooted over to Whole Foods for a nice lunch of greens to further offset the travel-food and sat outside enjoying each other and the air. We then stopped at our Chinese Herb/Acupuncture Clinic to get some herbs for me and say “hi” to our Dr.’s. During lunch Edy made a comment about us being at the beginning of a new life and I agreed fully. We’ve earned it. Grateful

We returned home and I continued to wrap up detailing drawings and make some calls while Edy ran some errands. We walked over to the movie theater at 4:30 for a feature flick. Movie was really good and the air still warm as we walked the block back home. Grateful.

Edy found us this place before we even made the move here in 2010. We visited for an hour and were immediately sold on the location. It has continued to get better with age and our ability to keep “discovering”. Everything we need is within a two mile radius and we love it. Grateful.

I’ve had houses on beaches, lofts in cities, secluded homes and of course houses in suburbs (ugh). Nothing to date can compare with the ease and location of this place. I don’t even change light bulbs, someone else does – No kidding !  Grateful.

When we hitched up our wagons to head to Texas we had no idea what kind of adventure we’d find. We made a number of lists about what we wanted our experience to “feel” like and day after day after day have created just that list and it’s pretty awesome.   I believe Edy and I are both taking a look at “the list” with our new eyes and wondering if we might have been a bit light on the possibilities.   Grateful.

There is an old saying that goes something like this:  “I didn’t know – I didn’t know”  - and it is “up” for me lately. I did not know I could be happy on a fraction of the income I used to produce. I did not know I could be more productive by working less. I did not know that the life I always dreamed of has been “currently in progress” for almost a year now until this past month.  And that is just what I know today. Grateful.

I am very grateful for the opportunities that originally brought us here, those that have kept us here and the new opportunities yet to be realized. Very Grateful !

No comments:

Post a Comment