Friday, March 16, 2012

Acquiring the Target

My Backyard Series                                                      "Acquiring Energy"                              c-2012


Acquiring the Target

Goofing off is a blast !
We’ve been fortunate to have kids and grandkids for a week and I’ll be darned if all of my work got done each morning before heading off to zoos, nature trails or any of the other assorted activities we came up with in the course of the day. No crisis’s’ not one. There was plenty of time for everything, not a stress to be found. Wow.

We’ve been noticing a pattern of mellow-ness overtaking our lives of late. It has not been because of some woo-woo or “special herbs” or Lotto winnings, it has been a direct result of focusing on what we want and then applying the energy AT IT and …………..POOF, there ya go …………living the dream !

This is not to say it has been easy in any regard. It hasn’t.
For me at least it seems that the more energy I spent trying to acquire the target the more frustrations I would encounter on my way. After the time in Hawaii last summer I have been practicing just “feeling the groove” of whatever I am doing at the moment. Work has gone from 24/7 to now doing just enough to get the job done properly. No extras or “gimmees”, just competent production. This frees up more time to be with Edy which is my favorite thing on earth. Yoga works its way into the days because I want it to be there. Other things that are important also work their way in because I want them too. No surprises and no dramas, just mindful living. Hooray for me.

My 2nd favorite thing is hanging with kids/grandkids.
My goodness there must have been 2000 pieces of puzzles done this week. (20 by me)  Chess, Go Fish and of course Legos were all factored into “down time” – Uptime was enjoyed in other venues including swimming pools in March, granted it’s Texas in March but is was a tad chilly until we raced a few laps to warm up………………laughing could be heard through chattering teeth for hours………..!!

The gang is packing up in the morning to drive back to their home. We already have a plan for the evening but coming home to an empty house after all of this excitement will make for a bit of a hollow re-entry tomorrow night. Phone calls, TXT, Skype are all nice but nothing like “being there”……..it will take a bit of readjustment for us to get back to our routines…………until the next visit.  

Fortunately the pool is always open.

No comments:

Post a Comment