Thursday, March 8, 2012

Anticipation


Anticipation

I’ve been deep into some Electrical Plans all week. Usually they are the part of a project I save for last and enjoy immensely but now they’re getting old and I’m also getting side-tracked with peripheral thoughts of the weekend and week ahead.  

I’ve never been good at waiting.
I understand that all good things come to those who DO, but I am one who would generally rather drive 100 miles to get what I want NOW as opposed to waiting …………for a better deal, a different color, or because of convenience. My current camera is a perfect example. I wanted it- drove to get it – then drove another 100 miles to finally REALLY get it when the 1st place ran out of stock.  Strange though, because I could easily wait for the right times to sow and harvest garden stuff or for a project to come out of the ground, so there it is again, conflict.

We’ve been getting ready for visitors. It’s exciting ! . I used to know a young fella who would say he was “happy-nervous” and I am feeling that now.  Kids and all 4 grandkids will be together with us for the 1st time in …….too long. Beds are made, stuff bought and I just need to put together trains and doll houses tonight to be certain the back-drops are in place for good times. It’s supposed to rain all weekend but what the heck, the parade will go on !!

Movie making at times like this can be dangerous. It’s really hard not to get one or two going and I have to catch myself to slow the epic down a bit before I am overtaken by “and then we’re gonna….” and lose track of what is going on now.

Both gangs are driving, driving with children; not for the faint hearted. They will also be excited but tired too and we’ll need to plan for an early intermission or several of them along the way.  We’ve put together an outline of what could be’s for everyone and will seek consensus before loading anyone up to go anywhere.

I think the key to a happy family time will be “personal oxygen masks” . 
In addition to “possibilities” I think we need to formulate a list of “I” am gonna…………..”I” being the operative word. Certainly “I” could set this whole thing up with agendas and hourly events like a corporate function but I would soon be playing Legos by myself as no one wants this regimentation before they start getting it anyway from the outside. So the plan is to have no plan for anyone else but me. “I” have a plan, B.

We live a mellow solitary life. Edy does her stuff in her areas and I do mine. We co-mingle when we want and un-co-mingle when we don’t. Such luxuries are not available when the house is full of kids of ages from 54 to 5mo……(yes, I include me with THEM). I have a bunch of plan “B”s in my back pocket that I will use to take a breath or two, if needed. That way I can be sure I’m always in my best form should a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP CHESS TOURNEMENT be announced by my favorite 6 year old Chess Master………………………
I can’t wait !  


No comments:

Post a Comment