Sunday, June 17, 2012

Blind Spots


Blind Spots

I woke up to Edy wishing me a Happy Father’s Day and we lounged in bed drinking coffee and talking like we used to do. The pause button had been pressed on these morning rituals for the past several weeks due to visitors, large and small. We didn’t mind because we had been dreaming of such visits and enjoyed every second of our bunkmates. Truth is, it feels pretty weird to be here with “just us chickens" after experiencing a house full of “kid energy” for over a month. We’ll be requesting a replay soon I’m sure.

I was really touched when I read txts on my phone, emails and a video from the village offering wonderful wishes for the day.   Wow, what a way to start a day! After more talking and coffee Edy decided to play an old Eagles song on the Iphone and we danced around the kitchen doing our version of the Texas 2 step.

We then headed over to church and got there a bit early so we could sit in the front. It’s still an awe inspiring experience and I am really enjoying being there. Whatever suspicions I had earlier I’ve released and just gone with saying of my era “If it feels good – Do it”.  It’s one thing to be in a place where a few hundred folks sing and praise but 44,000 makes for something quite different. My only similar experience is the feeling I get when sports stadiums play the national anthem and all are standing and “getting into it”. It’s that times a ga-zillion.

On our way over Edy and I continued our conversation of this morning about personal growth and development and the roles of dynamic / static masculine-feminine energy in the lives of humans. It’s a fascinating topic within an umbrella of other fascinating topics we enjoy delving into.  When I get stuck on a particular piece within myself she is always there to point the way out or offering possible alternatives. Just like a side mirror on a truck, she helps me see my blind spots.

We do it for each other, and as a village we REALLY do it for each other. It’s not a fault finding exercise in any way. It’s truly an act of love I’ve never experienced before Edy. To really “see” someone in all of their very highest potential and in the most loving way possible offer an observation of truth is powerful; REALLY powerful !

I’ve been driving for a long time and not once have I EVER had an argument with my Side Mirror. The mirror shows me a Truck barreling down on me I “adjust accordingly” , no questions. Yet, when it comes to someone I love and trust asking if perhaps I am not really “seeing” the full range of my attitudes, thoughts or behaviors, I become defensive and make excuses for actions that are really not in my best interest but are a Blind Spot and therefore I get nailed by the truck………………every time I don’t stop to “listen”.  Go figure.

Edy had a wonderful rest of the day planned for me. We golfed, then went to yoga together and later had a really nice meal at home while watching some recorded shows on TV. The feelings were peaceful, easy and for now, my blind spots were clear.

It’s been a wonderful day !

No comments:

Post a Comment