Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter, et al

Provence                                       "Tilting with Jesus"                                                         c-2003


Easter, et al

Our visitors’ arrived yesterday and we have been having a blast swimming, coloring and hanging out. Edy and I took shifts today for yoga and I took off later in the morning to make the noon class. My 5 year old playmate was not thrilled about the departure but she gave me a nod nod as I left, knowing full well that more good times were in store for the rest of the day.

I ran into a fellow yogi on my way in to class and since we were both early sat out in the sunshine watching the butterflies and doves and chatted a bit about family and group energy.

I’m a big fan of sacred spaces as you know and I also dig when people gather for ceremonial occasions be it cultural, religious or just a pow wow. I respect the history that such ceremonies represent and can feel the vibe of the group. Certain self help groups are like that too and heck yoga is another perfect example.

When religion is involved it’s hard not to get off track into a negative spin about all that is negative about it and I try extra hard to just stay with the original intention of ceremony at hand and leave the other blah-blah at the door. In fact the same can be said for two humans in the same proximity so I just leave that for others in dark and smoky establishments to figure out because I stopped trying a long time ago.

The ritual and ceremony that revolve around Easter and Passover are among my favorites. I like the stories and the messages of hope and salvation and understand how they have continued as long as they have. Of course torture, slavery, generations in limbo and crucifixion are not the best examples of human behavior but our forefathers still had not learned that lesson not so long ago either…………….current fathers are not doing too much better IMHO…………….but let’s not go there, OK ?

Tomorrow we get to see all of our neighbors out and about in their finest yellows, pinks and violets.  I think there will be a lot of white hats and shoes too as the fashion marker shifts from deep to pastel pallets for the next few months. We plan to lay low and hang out more. We’ll hide a few Easter eggs and then swim, color and fit some yoga in before the sun sets. While in yoga I’ll say a few extra prayers for our Village, the ancestors I’ve never known and grandchildren yet to arrive and acknowledge their roles on the path.  Namaste’






No comments:

Post a Comment