Sunday, September 16, 2012

Livin the Dream

                 Vision Quest Series                                                  "My Dar-u-ma"                                                 c-2012


Livin’ the Dream

I’ve been getting up super early these past few days….missing Edy and anticipating my days has me charged up and raring to “carpe diem”. Unfortunately the “plans” of past two days have been thwarted because of medical emergencies on the part of the plan-ees and I have had to readjust accordingly.   In that I am now a yoga-ninja, my “flexibility” in times like these are becoming impressive even to me and I wonder more than once during the day……“Who IS that guy?”

I got a lot done early this AM and headed over to church super early and got a primo seat. I people watched as the throngs entered and struck up a conversation with a young gent next to be who was definitely “charged up” as he had also attended the earlier service and wanted an encore. Messages, Music and Energy were great and I left with my batteries topped off and ready for the coming week.

While in Taos I received a call from one of the yoga instructors I have come to enjoy and he asked if I could help him in developing a business plan for a new venture he is planning in his home country. I was honored. We chatted from afar and then met earlier in the week to go over homework I had suggested. He worked very hard and had developed an impressive amount of critical information that he then input into the template we discussed. We went through his plan line by line and added some more notes and “to do” lists for our next meeting. “Living the Dream” – HIS Dream !!....man, I am such a huge FAN of that!   

Yesterday was my birthday and I had planned to be out on a site measuring and “being productive” but as I alluded earlier, stuff came up and it was just not to be. I decided to turn my pent up energy on my closet and a bunch of remaining files I had on jobs of yore and some other “important stuff” I keep feeling I need to hold on to but have not (yet) brought myself to “pitch”. As I was digging and pitching I came across an old  Daruma I had received as a gift many moons ago.  As the link points out it’s an old tradition and the idea is to present it to someone who is entering into a new venture (adventure). As they firm up their intention they paint in one eye and upon realization of their “dream” the other eye is painted on.  Obviously mine is unpainted. As I looked it over I thought of all the ad-ventures experienced over the past 55 years, perceived thwarts that turned out to be blessings, failures that were actually more blessings and loads of successes and life experiences that are a wonder to behold ……….(AND the ride isn’t even over yet!!). I then thought that a more appropriate visual for my Daruma would be the one eye painted then about a ga-zillion thin wires stuck in the other socket, each with an eye attached wiggling around and looking every which way constantly. For me it’s becoming clearer that is not “one dream” but the accumulation of all the dreams that make it a fun ride.  I am not the one “good eye”.  
I am the “crazy eyes”...........................looking everywhere all at once.

I rode to yoga early thinking my long way ride #3 would get me there at the normal time. I must have been “bookin” because I  had a chance sit out in the rain for almost an hour before class. I watched the doves goofing around and a new set of humming birds fighting over the feeder that just was installed. I also noticed a slew of new lizard babies everywhere so I knew their nest were close by. Rain drops, bird sounds, drip….drip….drip……from the roof repairs that have still not happened.  It was definitely a Zen moment. This then got me thinking about the Daruma and the gent he was modeled after. “Wall watcher” (for 9 years !!) as well as the “Father of Zen”……..for whatever reason I think this is hilarious “Father of Zen”…LOL……….GMAB!...........as I watched the wall across the street ......

My “wa” was soon broken as students began arriving for class. One stopped and chatted and I learned that he had quit his corporate job to pursue a dream that recently become aware of. I applauded him (literally) and offered words of celebration for his new venture.  
Of course there is some trepidation with any new venture, particularly leaving the corporate nest to venture out on one's own, but I loved that he took the risk, bet the farm and signed up anyway. 

I am such a HUGE fan of dreamers !

No comments:

Post a Comment