Thursday, September 13, 2012

Fundamental Constants

3 Atoms Series                                                          "Water Wiggle"                                                                       c- 2011


Fundamental Constants

It’s been a whirlwind couple of days around here since I returned from Taos. Meetings,  meetings and more meetings. Then research, drawing, revisions, specifications in the evenings and then throw in some yoga everyday and voila’ it’s already the next day……all over again.

It was nice to re-hydrate after spending time in the high desert but the whirr of an AC system will never compare to the chorus of voices and Big Love I just left. So, I keep my head down and keep moving the ball toward the goal line.

Last night after yoga I returned home and continued some research on available grant monies for a potential LEED project I was asked to look at. Most of the Fed $ has already been allocated and the remaining is being let competitively, so it’s a tight arena for folks trying to get a sliver of free pie before it’s all gone.  “So much for incentives”, I said to no one as I continued my search.

I took a break to eat dinner and invited The History Channel (H2) to dine with me. The dinner guests were expounding on the beginning of the Universe and if there was a GOD that created it, or if it was series of coincidences. One “fact” I found quite interesting as they outlined the Fundamental Constants that were required to align precisely to create what we now have before us, was that if the constants were off by one quintillionth (all the grains of sand on every beach on earth minus one) we’d be screwed. Either the universe would expand too fast OR collapse into a vast black hole.  That’s quite precise in my book.

They then went on to discuss “extra dimensions” (a topic I am a big fan of) parallel universes, string theory and other stuff…..I finished my meal and did not even excuse myself, I just turned them off and went back to work. As I was seeking free gold for my potential client, I thought a lot about what other less cosmic fundamental constants exist in my daily life. A long time ago I heard a guy say that the base requirements for being a human being were to love and be loved / be useful and be needed. As I look back I agree that these are indeed base requirements, really base.

What about just “being”?
This is pretty new to me because I have spent so many years “doing” and then “doing more” but I have become aware lately how I feel around certain people when they do nothing but “be”; nothing else.

This was my experience of the past weeks in Taos. Primarily with Edy, then H&F and then certainly with L1 & L3.  Sure sometimes we’d get into “deep discussions” or “light discussions” and there was some “doing” but the depth of unconditional love I felt in their home along with my love Edy was not action based , it just was. A Fundamental Constant.

I got a call a few minutes ago from one of my yoga buddies. He was just touching base and catching up on stuff since our last conversation mid-summer. He has become recently engaged and with that came a “bonus” of an adult son who he cares for deeply. He shared with me a story of performing a simple act of caring where-by his “son” became so moved that he expressed from a very deep place “how glad he was to have him in his life”. I was very touched and honored to have him share this with me and we both agreed that we have been truly blessed to have selected such wonderful women in our lives to open our hearts wider and wider than we ever thought possible.  “What are the odds?” I thought as I hung up the phone.

”Humm??, I’m guessing about one in a quintillionth”

No comments:

Post a Comment