Monday, July 30, 2012

E=mc2


E=mc2

Edy and I took off for a whirl-wind weekend visit to NM to pre-celebrate an upcoming 5 year old birthday.Things are pretty intense here in TX and the timing of the visit was perfect. Edy stayed to keep the good times rolling, I returned to get some stuff going here.

It’s always good to see the gang and see how much the little guys have grown since our last visit only a few months ago. Wow 5 years old for L3 already! It seems like a “blink” and a “few lifetimes” all wrapped up in a beautiful blond headed package. Time seems to be like this these days, relative.

My flight home was delayed several hours, yet I finished my library book at the original departure time, so I had lots of EXTRA time on my hands to think and watch folks in the airport as the evening grew later and later. I thought about time, timing, delays, expectations, precision, warps and slots; All relative.  I then thought about family and the word relative(s) and how the same laws for time seem to fit with the overlays placed on these individuals just because they have created or become part of a particular time/space continuum.

One of the definitions of relative I think works perfectly for both is :
3. something dependent upon external conditions for its specific nature, size, etc.

Time for the sake of time means nothing unless there is someone there to give it importance. I listened as the boys watched a NatGeo show on dinosaurs which broke the Planet’s existence into a 24 hour period from post big bang (life) to now – Dinosaurs lived from Midnight to 5pm – Then newer animals and plants took over until 3.5 seconds ago which is the duration of our existence as humans.  Time, lots of time AND lots of relatives preceding us.

Relative(s) all come into the world as “beings” and are initially dependent on their hosts and villages to nurture their being-ness until such time that they can sprout and claim interdependence / independence. The imprinting on/from the other relatives is in most cases indelible and hard wired into each as they continue to grow in their respective time slots. Despite the imprinting each has an individual energy that seems to shine brighter and brighter each year unless some trauma / drama befalls one or all and then various neutral density filters take over until such TIME that they too can be identified and set aside.

 Anyway, as I sat in the Albq airport thinking about all this stuff while already missing my love and loved ones I thought about the Pale Blue Dot and that in the big scheme of things, the reality of missing is just a fraction of a nano-second………..But, then again, that too is relative.

No comments:

Post a Comment