Monday, October 15, 2012

Sultans of Swing



Sultans of Swing

I’ve been working on some energy tax rebate stuff and 3D models for a current client since I got home from yoga this afternoon and was able to check it off my to do list.

Not bad, for changing out some lamps the owner gets a free year of electricity for both of his studios in five years, and saves another $4k per year thereafter, not bad at all. 3D models are a fun tool for clients and contractors to “get it” – They’re easy to do with the software I use and a couple decades of doing them makes it go pretty smoothly. Youtube albums also help with the production pace as the mouse and keyboard fly when Janis or Jimi are cranking it up.ZZ Top was good for the tedious erasing that sometimes needs to happen with “hides” and Dire Straights was on for the final layouts. They always remind me of my time in Japan in the 80’s. THAT trip needs to happen again !!  Bach accompanied me during the number crunching for the tax rebate calcs. A little Moonlight sonata works well with excel I have found.  

As I worked and switched between albums I noticed that Arlo Gutherie’s wife passed away this morning. He wrote a touching “epilogue” on facebook. I know no particulars, only that they loved each other and now she’s gone. Sad.

Our “potential projects” here have taken on a Mayan calendar quality as days,weeks, months might as well be baktun or some such Long Count system or perhaps it’s reverted to the Redwood system of time keeping whereby “next week” actually means “photosynthesis willing”………….I’ve given up on trying to plan anything around any of them as whatever is going on has no relationship to “time as I know it”.

Thank goodness for yoga! For one short period of my days I can be certain that at least that will be there.

Truth is I am bored out of my gourd. I could have easily farmed out all the stuff I did today but I felt the bees in my brain and I needed to give them an outlet. I don’t want to be “busy” like I have been in prior times but the cosmic work flow governor needs to be screwed out another ¾ of a turn and soon, please!  

In the meantime my current client will continue to get models of every angle of his place and tax forms for both studios and the house too. The Sultans of Swing are an antsy bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment