Thursday, April 10, 2014

Re-Mission from GOD


Re-Mission from God

Edy signed us up for a “Writership” program last month.
I was initially excited about delving into my writing a bit deeper, but was quickly reminded why I’ve not posted here for some time now. This blog began as an exercise to keep my creative juices flowing and also allow me to use my photographs to “instill beauty” on a regular basis as my “day job” was in remission.

Thankfully Edy mandated I write daily and add photos at will.
This formula worked pretty well for a while. I noticed that I seemed to always have a list of topics;  yet other topics started poking their heads up and started poking louder and harder to the point where I just stopped writing altogether to make them “shut up”. It seems I had hit a wall.

I’m not entirely sure what this wall is all about. Part of it has to do with completing the few dozen actual short stories I have outlined. Another part has to do with topics that feel too fragile and raw to actually put to paper. Fortunately the muses seem to keep me inspired on all fronts regardless of my feelings that there is no audience for anything that comes forth. We’ll see.

Writership is going to take commitment of time and energy which is fine. I’ve spent decades “on a mission” on the development-design-build front and feel ok with making the time to do this too. I have had to come to terms with my 7th grade English and no longer have “staff” to cover mistakes that neither Grammar Check nor Spell Check can hide.  (although they help tremendously)

I’ve been able to go through a couple dozen outlines of short stories and have selected eight to concentrate on more deeply. I hope to finish at least one by the end of this year and get it published somewhere. I have no idea where that could possibly be. (not Facebook)

So, stay tuned.  If you start to notice proper comma usage, you’ll know.
I’m on a Re-mission!


No comments:

Post a Comment