Wednesday, April 16, 2014

My Better Half


My Better Half

Edy and I enjoyed a nice post lunar eclipse afternoon at the beach yesterday.
We like to get away there at least once a month. We’ve discovered a quiet little place that is clean and has fewer people on it than most other accessible locations. I long for a boat again to find a beach “just for us” as I don’t like sharing much of anything with anyone, except her. My Better Half.

We marvel at how much time in a day we can spend together yet still have the feeling that we did not get a chance to say all we wanted to say, do what we wanted to do or be together to the depths we had hoped. Joined Together at the Hip, Three Legged Race, My Rib, Best Friends, Soul-mates, all “kinda” describe our relationship. But it is deeper and broader than that. It has layers, spirals and shadow places that continue to be discovered on a daily basis.

We can be goofy one minute and then a switch flicks and we head full bore into some deep hard places. Edy is very open to this emotional spelunking, I have resisted it pretty fiercely until recently. I’m not sure what has allowed me to finally “go for it” with regards to the exploration into the depths but I feel it has a lot to do with trust and wanting to know that I’ve given my all to her regardless of the fear this vulnerability instills. I also know in my core that THIS is the man I have always wanted to be and anything that is “locked up” or in the “vault” impedes my fullness.  Each heart opening on my part also adds a bit more to the “us” and we’re at a point now that I can see and feel how risking it all actually is the best form of absolute security there is, for both of us.  


Of course none of this would ever be possible without Edy’s patience, love, devotion, insights, gifts  and her direct connection to the Creator of the Universe. I am so blessed.  
EML, My Better Half

No comments:

Post a Comment