Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Endings and Beginnings


Endings and Beginnings

I’m still in a bit of a daze after returning from Taos Sunday night. We were blessed to receive a new child into our Village. I feel so grateful to have been able to participate and be a part of the celebration. Health, wholeness, beauty and love. Things so easily taken for granted are cherished in this place.

Nine months of excitement and anticipation dwindled down to a few months, then weeks, then days and then …”Voila’………..BIRTH”…! Close the pregnancy chapter and turn the page to “Day One”.

Mothers, Fathers, Siblings, Grandparents and of course the new child immediately shifted from what was, to what is ….in a single breath. Yep, the 1st breath.

The levels of awe and wonder that wash over me when I see mothers with their new babies send me into a dream state. Intuition, instinct, knowing and shear bravery fill me with such reverence that words escape me. I just say a prayer of thanks, HUGE Thanks.
 
Home Birth, Water Birth, Midwives…..?
Edy slides right in, ever knowing, supportive and loving.

Dad participated; boys and I spent time together playing away from the “scene”. Legos, swimming pool and Animal Planet were welcome distractions while we awaited the arrival of the “new addition”. Little brothers immediately became BIG brothers and Big brothers became BIG-BIG Brothers.
Dad gulped……………as all Dad’s do.

And the band plays on……..
Sun rises …….sun sets……
All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment